Thursday, December 14, 2017

surah al-qashash ayat 11 - 20


She said to his sister, "Trail him." So she watched him from afar, and they were unaware.


We forbade him breastfeeding at first. So she said, "Shall I tell you about a family that can raise him for you, and will look after him?"


Thus We returned him to his mother, that she may be comforted, and not grieve, and know that Allah's promise is true. But most of them do not know.


And when he reached his maturity, and became established, We gave him wisdom and knowledge. Thus do We reward the virtuous.


Once he entered the city, unnoticed by its people. He found in it two men fighting—one of his own sect, and one from his enemies. The one of his sect solicited his assistance against the one from his enemies; so Moses punched him, and put an end to him. He said, "This is of Satan's doing; he is an enemy that openly misleads."


He said, "My Lord, I have wronged myself, so forgive me." So He forgave him. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.


He said, "My Lord, in as much as you have favored me, I will never be a supporter of the criminals."


The next morning, he went about in the city, fearful and vigilant, when the man who had sought his assistance the day before was shouting out to him. Moses said to him, "You are clearly a troublemaker."


As he was about to strike the one who was their enemy, he said, "O Moses, do you intend to kill me, as you killed someone yesterday? You only want to be a bully in the land, and do not want to be a peacemaker."


And a man came from the farthest part of the city running. He said, "O Moses, the authorities are considering killing you, so leave; I am giving you good advice."