Wednesday, December 13, 2017

surah al-kahfi ayat 71 - 80


So they set out. Until, when they had boarded the boat, he holed it. He said, "Did you hole it, to drown its passengers? You have done something awful."


He said, "Did I not tell you that you will not be able to endure with me?"


He said, "Do not rebuke me for forgetting, and do not make my course difficult for me."


Then they set out. Until, when they encountered a boy, he killed him. He said, "Did you kill a pure soul, who killed no one? You have done something terrible."


He said, "Did I not tell you that you will not be able to endure with me?"


He said, "If I ask you about anything after this, then do not keep company with me. You have received excuses from me."


So they set out. Until, when they reached the people of a town, they asked them for food, but they refused to offer them hospitality. There they found a wall about to collapse, and he repaired it. He said, "If you wanted, you could have obtained a payment for it."


He said, "This is the parting between you and me. I will tell you the interpretation of what you were unable to endure.


As for the boat, it belonged to paupers working at sea. I wanted to damage it because there was a king coming after them seizing every boat by force.


As for the boy, his parents were believers, and we feared he would overwhelm them with oppression and disbelief.