Tuesday, December 12, 2017

surah hud ayat 71 - 80


His wife was standing by, so she laughed. And We gave her good news of Isaac; and after Isaac, Jacob.


She said, "Alas for me. Shall I give birth, when I am an old woman, and this, my husband, is an old man? This is truly a strange thing."  


They said, "Do you marvel at the decree of Allah? The mercy and blessings of Allah are upon you, O people of the house. He is Praiseworthy and Glorious."


When Abraham's fear subsided, and the good news had reached him, he started pleading with Us concerning the people of Lot.


Abraham was gentle, kind, penitent.


"O Abraham, refrain from this. The command of your Lord has come; they have incurred an irreversible punishment."


And when Our envoys came to Lot, he was anxious for them, and concerned for them. He said, "This is a dreadful day."


And his people came rushing towards him—they were in the habit of committing sins. He said, "O my people, these are my daughters; they are purer for you. So fear Allah, and do not embarrass me before my guests. Is there not one reasonable man among you?"


They said, "You know well that we have no right to your daughters, and you know well what we want."


He said, "If only I had the strength to stop you, or could rely on some strong support."